Apply to 3 universities on 1 form with no fee payable through Study Group
Begin your Canadian or US degree at the start of the fall, spring, or summer semester
How to Apply
Apply through Study Group for quick and easy access to universities in the USA and Canada.
How do you apply?
Review and save your three degree choices in the 'My Saved Choices' tab.
Contact an Enrollment Advisor if you need advice.
Complete the online application form.
Your form will go directly to an Enrollment Advisor who has experience in helping students from your home country.
Alternatively, you can download the application form as a PDF, print and sign it, and send us a copy by email, fax or post.
Send us your supporting documents, including:
- Official academic transcripts in English
- Bank statements showing sufficient funds for one year
- TOEFL/IELTS certificate showing your English level (if available*)
- Copy of your passport identification page
- Your student essay
* Often you do not need an official TOEFL or IELTS score to qualify for university-based ESL Programs, Bachelor's degree pathways or Pre-Master's programs.
What happens after you have applied?
Our expert Student Enrollment Advisors will support you through the whole process.
- We check your application form and supporting documents are complete and contact you with any questions.
- We assess your English language level and recommend the best pathway to your preferred degree.
- We pass your application to university Admissions Departments to review your academic qualifications.
- If your application is successful, we send you a formal university acceptance letter within approximately one week for undergraduate programs, and approximately three to four weeks for graduate programs.
- You must pay a deposit (refundable if your visa is denied) to confirm your booking.
- We will release your I-20 immigration document.
- You then need to apply for a student visa or study permit.
- One month before the start of the semester, you must pay your remaining fees (either in full or your first installment).
- Before your program starts, we will ask you to complete pre-arrival documents (medical, flight details, etc.).
- When you arrive in North America, a Study Group representative can meet you at the airport and take you to your university accommodation.
When should you apply?
You can apply at any time of year. Most programs accept new students at the start of the fall, spring, and summer semesters. Preparation and English language programs for international students start in the fall, spring and summer semesters. You should apply as early as possible because the visa application process may delay your admission. We recommend that you apply at least 10 weeks before your chosen start date. If your application is too late for the start of the semester, you will be automatically considered for the next available start date.
Can you transfer from a university in your home country?
If you have been a student at an accredited university in your home country, you can transfer to a degree at a Canadian or American university. You need to submit your transfer application along with certified (English) course descriptions, documented hours of instruction, and an official transcript.