Posted 06/10/2015 by admin
University application packages can often be daunting, especially when you are applying to several universities that require personal statements, essays and various academic records and references, for your application to be considered complete. Make your application stress-free with these tips!
You're ready to take the next step and improve your career prospects by choosing to get a degree from a reputed university in the USA or Canada. You've researched all the details of the universities you want to apply to and now have to buckle down and start applying. It's often the last leg that seems the hardest task to complete. If you have decided on multiple universities to apply to, you have those many more application forms to fill out, and need a plan to do so in a timely and organized manner.
Be mindful of application deadlines
- Mark your calendar for the upcoming application deadlines for your university choices.
- Now set your own deadlines to turn in the application with at least a one-week buffer. Don't put off submitting your application until the very last day; if something is missing in your packet, this gives the Enrollment Advisor enough time to request additional evidence and still get your application to to Admissions committee.
Create an application checklist for supporting documents
Different universities in the USA and Canada specify a set of documents they require as evidence in support of your application. When applying to multiple universities, be sure to create a checklist for each university so that you do not leave out a critical document and cause delays in the decision process. Some universities require a hard copy of your academic transcripts, while others may accept scanned copies along with an online application form, while still others will insist on the original certificates. There are however some documents that almost all universities require. Use the check list below as a starting point:
- copies of passport identification pages
- bank statement or affidavit of financial support indicating sufficient funds for your intended study program
- English language certificates such as IELTS or TOEFL (these are NOT required if you are applying through a Study Group pathway program)
- official copies of academic transcripts in original language as well as English
- letters of recommendation
- graduate entry tests such as GMAT and GRE (if applying directly to a University)
- personal statement or letter of intent
Complete the application form
Accuracy and completion when filling out the application forms is of utmost importance. Not only does this improve the likelihood of acceptance to your chosen university, it also reduces the time between submitting an application and receiving your offer. This ensures that you have enough time to apply for your student visa and make it to campus on the expected date of arrival.
Ready to apply?
You can compare universities and select up to 3 universities to apply to when using our online application form. See you in the next intake!