Payment of university fees
Fees for your North American university program must be paid directly to Study Group according to our payment policy.
When are the fees payable?
Once you have been accepted at a North American university, you must pay us a deposit (varies from $500 to $5,000 depending on your country of residence) to confirm your place and intention. Upon receipt of your deposit, you will be sent a document issued by the University:
- An I-20 immigration document if you are applying to study in the USA
- An official University Acceptance Letter if you want to study in Canada
These documents are required to start the process of obtaining a student visa to enter the United States or Canada.
Your tuition deposit is refundable if your request for a visa or study permit is denied.
- due on July 1st for the fall semester (August/September start)
- due on November 1st for the spring semester (January start)
- due on April 1st for the summer semester (May start)
If you are accepted by a university after these due dates, you are required to pay your deposit immediately upon receipt of an acceptance letter, and to pay your bill in full prior to your departure for North America, or within 30 days of deposit, whichever comes first.
Students will not receive their pre-arrival information until full payment is received.
Do I have to pay all the fees at once?
No. Students may choose to pay for the full year, or to pay by semester to spread the cost of a university program over a longer period.
Do I have to pay fees in advance?
Yes. All students are required to pay the entire invoiced amount for each semester in full and in advance of each semester start date. See the due dates above.
How can fees be paid?
We recommend paying by wire transfer. We accept payment by:
- Bank transfer (electronic wire transfer)
- Visa, Mastercard or American Express credit cards
- US/Canadian dollar check
- Bank Draft drawn in US/Canadian dollars
Are there charges for late payments or changes?
- Students with balances due after 30 days are subject to a $500 late payment fee.
- Payments by credit card after the due date will be subject to a fee of 2% of the total invoice value