Supporting Documents

Completing an application form is only the start of your application to university in the USA or Canada. 

You will also need to submit all the required supporting documents, in English, before your application will be considered. The supporting documents listed below are most commonly required.

Which supporting documents must all applicants submit?

  • A completed application form
  • Recent bank statement (within 3 months), converted into US or Canadian dollars, indicating adequate funds to support at least one full year of academic study as well as personal expenses OR Financial Guarantee (for students in a scholarship program)
  • Proof of English proficiency by TOEFL or IELTS score, or Password test (contact us to arrange to take this free English test)
  • Passport identification page – scan or photocopy
  • I-20 and copy of visa (if currently studying in the USA)
  • Study permit (if currently studying in Canada)

Do all universities and programs require the same supporting documents?

Some universities and programs have specific requirements. You should check the detailed list of documents required to support your application.

Should supporting documents be translated into English?

If any documents are not in English, they must be accompanied by an English translation. The English translation should be certified by a translation agency.

Do I need to bring my supporting documents with me to the USA or Canada?

You will need to bring original documents with you when you register at your university.