Post-Graduation Work Permit in Canada

One of the big benefits of university study in Canada is that you can apply to stay and work after you graduate.

Canada’s government and educational institutions are keen to attract international students like you. They recognize the value of the skills, innovation and diversity that international students bring to Canada.

Which documentation do you need to stay and work in Canada?

Two Canadian government Work Permit programs are available to international students who want to work in Canada after they graduate: the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program and the Off-campus Work Permit Program.

How does the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program work?

The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program lets you stay and work in Canada for up to three years after you have graduated from a Canadian university. This experience allows you to apply what you’ve learned in your studies to a business environment and contribute to the Canadian economy. With real-world professional experience, you can transform a good resume into a great resume that really stands out from the crowd.

Find out more at

How does the Off-campus Work Permit Program work?

If you study at Royal Roads University you can apply for a permit to work off campus for up to 20 hours per week. Gain valuable work experience and a deeper understanding of Canadian culture by participating more fully in the Victoria, British Columbia and wider Canadian communities.

Find out more at

Want to find out more about Royal Roads University in Canada?

Ali Royal Roads University

"Oh Canada! Such a beautiful country. Victoria is very quiet, not very expensive, and people come to visit. When I heard about Royal Roads University, I thought, "Wow, I wish I could study at this university." I read a lot about it, and I found it has great history."

Ali from Saudi Arabia
Professional Communication (BA), Royal Roads University